Our Training Philosophy
TML ONE mostly offers in-house programmes in response to specific needs and inquiries received from clients.
As a general rule, we prefer to customize our training services so as to target particular challenges and opportunities within organisations, rather than apply a “one-size fits all” solution.
After receiving inquiries, we will consult with an organisation to identify a training solution that will have the best and most lasting impact.
Our training consultants will often spend time within the organisation before delivering a training solution, in order to better understand their business and status. We then tailor a product accordingly. We also prefer to customize our case studies and templates to fit with the client organisation’s business. Over the past decade, we have found that this approach is by far more effective in making a real difference to organisational capability and performance. It probably accounts for why much of our training business is repeat business with satisfied clients.
Our Training Methodology
TML ONE can customize any of the training products described below. Although suggested durations are shown, these may be extended or reduced in line with client constraints or requirements.
Please note that TML ONE can also offer any of these products on a modular basis. Sometimes an organisation finds it cannot release a group of trainees for a continuous period of five days due to operational pressure. We suggest in these instances that programmes be presented in-house in modules at a rate of perhaps one or two days each month for several months.
Each module consists of one or two days of training, followed by an interval during which the programme participants apply their new learning to their work environments, and complete practical, work-related assignments. The assignments are designed to facilitate an improved understanding of how the theoretical principles relate to the realities of day-to-day operations. Personalised feedback is given to each participant – either by telephone or by e-mail. The programme leader is also available during the entire period for contact by participants.
All training programmes are presented in an interactive way, allowing for lively participation and sharing of experience during sessions. We use a variety of methods in each programme to make the presentation more interesting and fun! For instance, there will be short lectures, followed by videos, games, group discussions and practical assignments in most programmes.
We issue high quality, well-researched training material to each trainee. On some programmes, we also issue selected text books which we feel will be of benefit to trainees.
Our Training Products
- CAPM and PMP Exam preparation
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Scheduling & Cost Control in Projects
- Dealing With Conflict & Crisis On Projects
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills in Projects
- Project financial evaluation & justification
- Advanced Project Management
Career Skills Development
- Negotiating Skills
- Finance and Cost Control for Non-Finance Staff
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Conflict Management
- Technical Report Writing
- Contract Management
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Service Excellence
- Business Case Writing
- Employee Engagement
- Marketing For Non-Marketing Managers
- Recruitment and Selection Skills
- Performance Management & Appraisal Techniques
- Conducting Meetings
- Organisational Transformation
- Manpower planning
- Business process mapping
- Using RACI charts to fine-tune accountability and responsibilities
- Developing a Competency Matrix
- Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Communicating and Influencing with Impact
- Effective Interpersonal Relationships
- Stress & Time Management
- Speed-Reading, Mind-Mapping & Memory Skills
- Develop your assertiveness
- Listening effectively
- Goal-setting and achievement
- Retirement planning